EPSXe is an emulator application that allows you to run PSX and PS1 games on your android devices and smartphones. Though they become old time games people find fun playing them again to have the fun they had in their childhood. Though many high graphics games are available now, these old time games are so much fun playing. With the availability of so many emulator software in the market, emulators for Android are preferred the most because of the vast usage of smartphones.
EPSXe is a famous emulator for PC since it is compatible for many devices. EPSXe emulator is also known for its high-speed reproduction of the original game and accurate sound production capabilities. The emulator also has split screen mode for 2 players. It has virtual touchscreens, hardware button mappings. The inbuilt plug-in of the applications allows us to play high graphics games.
EPSXe apk Download Link
A Quick look at EPSXe APK
|Developer||ePSXe Software S.L|
|Compatibility||4.0.3, 4.0.4 and up
EPSXe APK Installation Procedure
- Step 1: Click the link above and download the application on your Android device. Or go to download page to download the application.
- Step 2: Install the APK on your android device or smartphone. Before installation check, you have clicked “Unknown sources” checkbox on your settings. To do that Go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Step 3: Once you checked the box you are good to install the application.
- Step 4: Open the application; you will see the window opened. Now you cannot run any game. For running games in ePSXe continue reading the article further.
How to play games with ePSXe apk
- Step 1: Download the game of your choice from any website. You can find games by simple Google searching on the internet.
- Step 2: Download the game from the source which will be a .bin file or .iso file.
- Step 3: Since the downloaded game file is in the compressed format, you need any decompression software in order to extract the file. So download any decompression application from the play store. Example 7zipper or rar.
- Step 4: Locate the downloaded file on your downloads and extract the file on the EPSXE folder. Now the EPSXe emulator can locate the game file easily.
- Step 5: After that, we are good to go. Simply open the ePSXe emulator and tap Run game button. The emulator will search and locate the game. Now tap on the game and enjoy playing:
How to create shortcuts to your game on the home screen
When you load multiple games on ePSXe its difficult to find your favorite and play. So in order to locate the game and play it easily, we can create shortcuts to the game on the home screen.
- Open the ePSXe application
- Tap Run game button.
- Hold on to the game which you want to create a shortcut
- Now a message pops up asking you to create a shortcut. Click yes.
- Now you will have the shortcut for your game on your home screen.
Important settings in ePSXe APK
Two player mode
You can enable 2 player mode for two players to play at the same time. To activate this feature, go to Preferences > Input Preferences > Number of players. Now you select two players. Now you can go run the Game option and try playing any game. You will notice the screen is split into two halves with two gamepads. You can also split the screen in a vertical direction too. All you need to do is tap ‘splitvert’
Autosave option can be enabled by going to Preferences > Autosave on Exit. What this will do is save your progress in the game automatically during exit of the game.
Screen Orientation and Screen Ratio: For quality gaming, landscape mode is always preferred. For screen ratio, you can use the stretch option to play in full screen or you can play in 4:3 ratio too.
EPSXe APK Special Features
- It suppers all Android smartphones from low end to high end.
- EPSXe is very simple to use
- You can add cheats directly in the emulator, so it eliminates the need of downloading external cheats.
- The multiplayer gaming in ePSXe is better than any other PS1 emulators available
- EPSXe locates the game bin file and iso file by searching for itself in the internal storage and also external memory card. So there is no need of locating the game file manually. This saves much time for the user.
So this all you need to know about the ePSXe emulator. This is by far the best PS1 emulator for android. The compatibility of this application with android devices is really an impressive feature. The multiplayer option of this emulator adds even more fun for gaming. Though it is a paid application in Google Play Store, you can find some free emulators like ClassicBoy and Matsu player.